SSID means the service set identifier is just a fancy term of the network that is used for everyone. We hardly know that Wi-Fi identifier is uniquely identified by the sequence of characters. All the Wi-Fi routers come with a generic name that can be easily guessed by anyone. To change this to something more interesting and difficult one, there are a few steps that we are going to mention here for you.
- As usual, you need to fire a browser from your PC or Mac computer.
- At the address, line enter the key phrase Dlinkrouter.local
- To get the web-based home page, you should enter the generic SSID that is the default gateway of your router.
- At this dashboard of your home page, go to Wireless settings and type the new SSID that you want to give to your router.
- Save the new changes and wait till the time your router gets rebooted.
As a precaution, we would like to aware all the users that while keeping the name of your WIFI, do not write anything that may be defined as offensive. Apart from this, do not keep a name that will be similar to the public hot spot. Never use fake identification code that will slow down the speed of your Wi-Fi router dramatically.