Nowadays there is no need to have a single SSID for all the devices that you have hooked to your router. There are a lot of routers that can be set to multiple SSID for multiple devices. By the way, a separate SSID is considered for the guests and visitors at your house, so that others cannot access your WIFI network. However, you can create a separate and different SSID for all the devices or some selected devices. For creating the Multi-SSID you need to follow the instructions below.
- Enter the IP address of your router in the search bar of your web browser.
- If the IP address is insufficient, then you can enter the customized web-based link Dlinkrouter.local at the search locus.
- At the next step, you need to enter the password and the username, and then select the “Guest Network”.
- Tick the checkbox, next to “SSID Broadcast” to enable this option.
- Here you have to give a name to your guest network to avoid confusion.
- Also, select the security option. Click the apply button to save the changes made by you.